Advertisement

Can we learn to forgiveness for better mental health?

Can we learn to forgiveness for better mental health? Trigger warning – I talk about different traumas that I’ve experienced that some may find distressing.

Forgiveness is often one of the hardest things we can do when someone or a group of people have harmed us in some way. We often carry around resentment, anger and hate towards this person or group and this can delay our mental health recovery and often make us more ill both mentally and physically. Forgiveness is something that is possible, and I will be sharing my own experience of this in the video. I’m still not quite there on my forgiveness journey, but I’m hoping that with more therapy I will get there, and I hope you can too.

Don’t forget to tell me how your week has been.

Thank you for taking the time to watch this - I hope to see you next time.

Please subscribe to my channel for more videos about mental illness and leave any questions or comments you may have in the space below.

Take care and I hope you have a safe, peaceful week.
Gem
x

#mentalhealth #forgiveness

The Little Blue Pot
Welcome to my YouTube channel where I’m hoping to educate people on the different types of mental disorders to provide an understanding and learn ways to cope. I also vlog about my own experience of living with mental illness, as well as sharing other aspects of my life. I want to raise awareness of mental health problems and mental illness, so I hope my channel helps you and others.

I am not a qualified mental health expert, but I am an expert in living with mental illness. All my videos are based on lots of research and I do my best to explain everything as clearly as possible and provide examples from my life to help you understand. I might not get it right every time, but I do the best I can. I hope the findings from my research are of benefit to you.

This Vlog is from my perspective, but I do appreciate that not everyone will have had the same experience as myself - we are all different after all. I have also tried, where applicable, to reference everything correctly, but we are all human and make mistakes - please stick with me.

Please follow me:
Instagram: Gem_TLBP -
Twitter: @TLittleBluePot -
Facebook: @TLittleBluePot www.facebook.com/TLittleBluePot
YouTube:

References
- Simple Recovery – ‘Why forgiveness is absolutely needed in addiction and mental illness recovery
- Huffington Post – 5 steps to forgiveness

The Little Blue Pot Videos:
- What are the benefits of talking therapies -
- Playlist – Trauma and mental illness -
- Playlist – The Little Blue Vlog -

Useful numbers and websites
Samaritans - 116 123
Mental health line UK - 0300 5000 101
Sane line UK - 0845 767 8000
Mind information line (Info and advice) - 0845 767 8000
Mind website - mind.org.uk
Time to Change - time-to-change.org.uk
Rethink mental illness - rethink.org

USA - 1-800-273-8255
Canada - 514 723 4000
Ireland - +44 08457 909 090
Australia - 131114
- Lifeline 000

Music - 'Martin' by Matt Bobs

gem,the,little,blue,pot,types of mental disorders,The Little Blue Pot,TLBP,Mental illness,mental health,mental illness vlog,mental illness vlogger,mental health vlog,mental health vlogger,understanding mental illness,living with mental illness,forgiveness,how to forgive,steps to forgiveness,forgiving trauma,trauma and forgiveness,how do I forgive someone,gem the little blue pot,the little blue vlog,

Post a Comment

0 Comments