Advertisement

Brites - Mothers & Fathers

Brites - Mothers & Fathers "Mothers & Fathers" by Brites
From the album No Star (2013)

Listen on SPOTIFY:


and BANDCAMP:


LYRICS:
So, I am leaving and this day must end.
And, where I am going, I won't come back again.
But, I'll wait on the other side right where I am.
When I close my eyes you'll know when I land.

For me it's so hard to believe in this world.
We war for black liquid and still starve the poor.
We pay taxes to fund things, yeah. Who knows what for?
I'll wait for you to walk on through the door.

I remember when I was still young.
My father would craft me my pretend guns
and the first thing I'd do is point them at those I love
and pull the trigger until they were gone.

We may lose our loved ones sometimes.
Children die before their parents kill them with lies.
The youngest go first. Let's form into lines
and wait for them to ring our necks and our spines.
Then we'll fall.

So, I am leaving and this day must end
And, where I am going, I won't come back again.
But, I'll wait on the other side right where I am.
When I close my eyes, you'll know when I land.

Brites,britesband,no star,indie,rock,alternative,cool,music,flag,seattle,seattle band,local,unsigned,flint,michigan,MI,WA,good indie music,mothers & Fathers,mothers and fathers,

Post a Comment

0 Comments