Advertisement

Very Unusual Fish Showing Up on New Jersey Beaches

Very Unusual Fish Showing Up on New Jersey Beaches couldn’t sleep one night so left my house at 3:45am to hit the beach for a dawn session targeting spanish mackerel and or bonito. As luck would have it, I got a spanish first thing and got a few more before the sun got high and the beach goers started coming out. I intended on keeping these fish if I caught them, but when I got there I decided to leave my cooler in the car as I figured bringing the cooler would result in some sort of curse and getting skunked.. these were the first spanish mackerel Ive caught from NJ waters, up until 2018 a morning like this would have been pretty unheard of but last year we saw these fish in decent numbers and now in 2019 it seems like theres more than ever. Why are these fish showing up? ocean currents shifting? climate change? super strong year class pushing the population to new areas? Its certainly been a good year for spanish further south and now us northerners are seeing some new opportunities. Reports of spanish all over NJ past few weeks, hopefully they stick around.

rod I used -

I used a shimano saris 2500 but would def buy the diawa bg instead -

used this berkley nanofil in 8lb -

jig I used -

surf fishing,new jersey,spanish mackerel,bluefish,climate change,florida,flounder,north carolina,fishing,pier fishing,cobia,chesapeake bay,maryland,delaware,new york,fluke,beach,beach fishing,

Post a Comment

0 Comments