Advertisement

Layout Update - October 2019 - Yorkshire Dales Model Railway

Layout Update - October 2019 - Yorkshire Dales Model Railway Just an update on my progress and some new additions this week.

Firstly, I’ve converted all my stock to Kadee couplings. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while, and I’m really pleased I did. Previously I had issues with wagons randomly uncoupling here and there, as well as big gaps between stock. Now everything is close coupled and super reliable. I’ve used Kadee number 17s, 18s, 19s and the odd 20 here and there.

Next up I’ve added a larger storage yard, with some space for any loco maintenance. I picked up cheap old second hand points for this from my local model shop - they don’t look pretty but do the job.

Thirdly, after a break from the scenic side of things, I’m back to making trees and bushes to line a neglected corner of the layout.

Finally, I’ve picked up some new additions.
Stanier Black Five No. 44694 I found for the ridiculous price of £35 from Trains4u in Peterborough after trading in some old bits. I also grabbed a second Standard Class 5 online after spotting another crazy deal. I have freshly weathered both using the trusty airbrush and some powders.

As always, thanks for watching.



Cinematic Piano by AshamaluevMusic.
H

Quiet Place - Jonny Easton
Link:
Check out his channel:
Link:

Luvtea - Autumn Keys
Royalty Free CCO Music
Music provided by Free Vibes https///goo.gl/NkGhtg

Way to Dream - inspiring Piano and Strings by Keys
Attribution 3.0 unpoeted (CC by 3.0)
Steffen Daum - Goodbye my Dear - is under a creative common licence (CC-BY 3.0)
Music provided by BrekingCopyright

mouldy raspberry,yorkshire dales model railway,model railway,model railroad,american,australian,british railways,layout update,black five,Br standard 5,hornby,bachmann,peco,scenery,trains,model trains,steam trains,steam locomotives,LMS,LNER,GWR,trackmat,hornby layout,new junction,everard junction,chadwick model railway,running session,branchline,modern image,n gauge,oo gauge,HO scale,diesels,BR,modelling,airbrush,great western,indian railways,

Post a Comment

0 Comments