Advertisement

Building Trust by Beating the Salesperson Skepticism in Affiliate Marketing 2019

Building Trust by Beating the Salesperson Skepticism in Affiliate Marketing 2019 Before I get into my series about the 5 keys to success for affiliate entrepreneurs, I think it’s important to talk about salespeople.

There are a lot of false beliefs that have to be shattered before we can really move forward.

I’ve always struggled with salespeople. I don’t know whether they have my best interests in mind, or their own.

To be honest, I have always assumed that they don’t have my best interests in mind. But I don’t know if I really ever thought about who was talking to me, or what they were trying to do.

I think I have always thought of salespeople as door-to-door people, or telemarketers. Even car salespeople have always skeeved me out. That was my definition of a salesperson.

Well, up until about 10 years ago. Even going on 20 years ago now.
I actually have been a salesperson before.

I was a sales consultant with J. Crew. (Basically, I worked at J. Crew, but that’s what we were told to call ourselves…)

I worked at J. Crew for one reason — I needed clothes.

After leaving the Army, I went and became a bicycle tour director. I went from wearing all camouflage to wearing bicycling clothes, shorts, t-shirts, and Birkenstocks. Military to hippie in less than a month!


At any rate, when I stopped directing bicycle tours, I needed to get some grown-up clothes so that I could get a grown-up job.

I got a job at J. Crew for the discounts…

But I learned a ton about people and how to work with them. We were located right next to several restaurants, so people were always coming in as they waited for their tables to be prepared. It was a tough place to sell, but once I got the hang of it, I could do it.

I learned about style. For instance, we were always trying to get men to buy socks. As a consumer, I hated that.

‘No, I don’t need any friggin’ socks. Just let me pay for what I’ve got,’ I would think to myself…

The reason we were trying to sell socks was to create a larger volume sale. It’s good for the company if someone walks out of the store with 3 items instead of 2.

But it’s also, and most importantly, good for the customer. Socks are a really cool and important part of an outfit. It really is amazing, but socks provide a finishing touch. I now have tons of socks that I match with my shirts and ties.

At any rate, J. Crew was my initial foray into sales.

I also learned a little bit about sales from using CarSense.

I love CarSense, because I can go there and select a car and not have to worry about haggling about the price of the vehicle.
Because there is no haggling, I know the sales person is trying to get me in the right car for me. I can build a relationship with the person and they can do the same with me.

I have been to CarSense three times to purchase vehicles and each time has been a pleasure. I could immediately trust the salesperson because I wasn’t worried about him or her trying to get more out of me than I could afford.

I think it is extremely important to understand that we, as affiliate entrepreneurs, have to break a lot of false beliefs about sales and salespeople. Especially if we are going to be building our own business promoting other people’s products.

I wanted to shed some light on my thoughts about sales before moving forward with this week’s posts.

I look forward to the coming week!

Thanks for watching! I appreciate you!

affiliate marketing 2019,affiliate marketing for beginners,how to affiliate marketing,how to start affiliate marketing,affiliate marketing,how to do affiliate marketing,affiliate marketing tutorial,affiliate marketing step by step,affiliate marketing course,affiliate marketing 2020,hardcore closer,ryan stewman,how to make sales in affiliate marketing,make successful sales in affiliate marketing,make money from home 2019,make money from home 2020,laptop lifestyle,

Post a Comment

0 Comments