Advertisement

Consolation for the Discomfort You Feel In Anorexia Recovery

Consolation for the Discomfort You Feel In Anorexia Recovery Instagram: billiejulilanna_nash

Hello Everyone! I wanted to make this video to offer my support for all the discomfort and frustration you feel as you endure the changes that recovery brings. Recovery can prove very difficult, especially for those of us who have had the disease for so long.

Since I gain weight relatively quickly, I had a tough time handling my first, big round of weight gain. I felt awkward and even monstrous, and I had no one with whom to sort out my feelings. In essence, I had to endure discomfort on my own, and this proved difficult. I ended up returning to restriction in order to assuage the panic I had started to feel.

Therefore, I feel that having a video available for you -- if you are struggling with fraught feelings over weight-and-body-changes -- might be helpful, to provide some support and let you know that a) I know probably all the details of just what you are feeling, and b) I realize how much effort you have put into recovery so far. I just want to cheer you on in going forward. Keep going! Everything will for sort out, no matter how much weight you must gain -- the body asks for a lot of weight in recovery for us older folks.

We need that extra weight because we come from long, difficult backgrounds of starvation and self-torture. So, keep the ugliness of your anorexic past in mind as you feel the awkwardness of weight gain. Your body simply needs a lot of time and energy (weight and food) to mend the damage you have inflicted upon it through the years. As you continue your journey, your body will eventually use up all the weight and energy in its repairs, and in a few years, if you keep at it, you will reach that optimal health range, where you look and feel your best. I simply have an intuitive sense about this!

Thank you for watching, and I wish you peace and serenity until next time!

Music supplied by:

Sunset Strip by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (
Artist: 

Tabitha Farrar,Kayla Rose Kotecki,Elisa Oras,Anorexia Recovery for Older Adults,Weight Gain,Extreme Hunger,

Post a Comment

0 Comments