Advertisement

This Glitch Took Me 2 Months to Reproduce

This Glitch Took Me 2 Months to Reproduce I couldn't find a single word of this being documented anywhere or any footage of it ever happening. That's why it took so long for me to figure out what was going on. SF2 has been taken apart over the years with pretty much every glitch and system quirk being written about or featured in videos, but I couldn't find this.

Also, I didn't use tool assistance to test this, I had a PS4 controller in one hand and my other on an arcade stick. Then I was just trying to precisely time the attack with P1 with the jump of P2. As you can see at a couple of points in the video, this was occasionally mistimed. So even if '512 guard' would have kicked-in, if I messed up the timing, it didn't matter.

I was so, so close to giving up and being convinced that it didn't work on the 3rd day into testing. Something told me that I couldn't have had this many attempts and not have had it work at least once, therefore, the idea that the glitch was related to '512 Guard' must be wrong.

However, it did work and I learned something I did not know about Street Fighter 2.

EXTRA NOTE: The reason I spent so long trying to reproduce the exact conditions during the early stages of testing is because this originally took place against CPU controlled M. Bison. If you're familiar with the Boss Characters in World Warrior, you'll know that their normals and specials are a little funky and were heavily toned down/changed in Champion Edition. At the time (with no clue exactly as to what had actually happened) I was convinced that it was some rare property of Bison's slide.

Thanks for watching!

Check out my band!



Awesome desk T-Shirts!


My own music!


You Can support the channel directly here.

desk,glitch,bug,street fighter,years,block,guard,512,1/512,system,mechanic,unknown,obscure,world warrior,random,chance,sf2,ww,

Post a Comment

0 Comments