Advertisement

Christmas Crackers | A (relatively) Old British Christmas Tradition

Christmas Crackers | A (relatively) Old British Christmas Tradition Part I of my Costube Secret Santa 2019 series

Yes, even snaps are Victorian. I'm not sure about dreadful jokes, but there you go.

I could have filmed this much better, and I apologise, but it did teach me lessons for filming the actual unboxing, so there is that. I had to do it in a rush because it was the last thing to do before I sent my box out, which was already later than I would have liked it to be. I did stick down the extra piece of wrapping paper I showed as decoration afterwards (just wrapped it around and fastened it with sellotape as with the main piece). Also, yes, I managed to fail to get it centralised even with the markings on the wrapping paper because I'm just that great.

Cracker snaps can be found in various places, but here's a link to the specific ones that I used:

For those who wish to see more, you can find me on twitter and Instagram

The Costube Secret Santa was arranged by the wonderful Nikki, and you can find her Youtube here ( and her instragram here (

Here is the full list of participants, who all deserve your love and attention, so please, if there's anyone you haven't checked out yet, give them a moment of your time!

Alicia Estelle
American Duchess
Bella maes designs
Bernadette banner
Caroline DAmbrosio Designs
Cathy hay
Cat’s costumery
Costuming drama
Dames a la mode
Empress of buttons
Enchanted rosé costumes
Hat to hem
Historical Belle
Jalea ward
Juul Thijssen
Karolina zebrowska
Lee-am
Marlene pein
Morgan donner
Pinsent Tailoring
Prettyshepherd
Scraps and sequins
Scribble & stitch

Credits:
Music from
"Wish Background" by Kevin MacLeod (
License: CC BY (

Tradition

Post a Comment

0 Comments