Advertisement

Firmer vs Bevel edge chisel 2020 - Wallybois Whiteboard Wednesday

Firmer vs Bevel edge chisel 2020 -  Wallybois Whiteboard Wednesday Firmer vs Bevel edged chisel


The Firmer chisel has been around for centuries but the bevel-edged chisel is a more recent development.


What this video is about debunking the confusion that many newbies to woodworking are confronted with.


There are some woodworking chisels that may look like a bevelled edge chisel but are really only firmer chisels with a bevel, confused?


By Marcus Kett, Woodworking since 1989





Woodworking for me is in my blood as a son of a traditional boatbuilder. My Father Malcolm Kett was highly skilled and inventive individual often referred to as ‘Malcolm The Boat’.


Although I have spent a considerable portion of my life seeking further education and gaining qualifications in woodworking, electrical installations, bricklaying and to top it a degree in photography.


Yes, it is a medley of possible career choices but the one that I felt truly at home with was Woodworking. Woodworking has been my staple career choice that has given my family stability.


Why do I write these guides?


We started to write these guides to help our customers. The idea was to provide the information needed to install our made to measure wooden products that we sell on this website and directly to our local customers.


We soon received feedback from people abroad and interested readers not local to us. I like to help people and I am excited that fellow woodworkers or keen DIYers found guidance in my articles. I intend to carry on writing and producing youtube videos for the purpose of providing useful content. Please share our blog with your friends and anyone that could find interest in the magic of working with wood.


Disclosure


I am happy to inform you that we have included some links to related products. If you decide to purchase any product we receive a modest commission from Amazon. This is not considered as our main income but any commission earned is used to provide more tutorials. I thank you for your support.


“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”


The content in this article is provided for free but we retain all copyright. We do encourage you to borrow this content but only if you cite us as the original content with a link to our site.


About Wallybois


We have lived and worked here in the Limousin Nouvelle Aquitaine since 2010, building window shutters and external doors. Our Volet manufacturing business is based at our home property as a ‘Cottage Industry’. We are a small business operating partly (60%) off the grid and try our best to practice our woodworking ethically.


How did we come up with the trading name ‘Wallybois’? Well, it is simple really, my best buddy ‘Wally’ and the fact that ‘Bois’ is French for wood and we live in France.


Please Comment


If you have any corrections or topics you think that we should add please leave a comment. If you think we deserve it a Share would be nice.


Thank You for visiting


By Marcus Kett, Woodworking since 1989


Based in the Nouvelle Aquitaine of France

firmer chisel,bevel chisel,bevel edge vs firmer,which bevel edge chisel,chisels,woodworking chisels,

Post a Comment

0 Comments